Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thursday 20th May: Feedback to God and Me

Matt had some comments to make about my last post about God and Me. Firstly he firmly suggested that I had misrepresented Fowler's stuff, and that I shouldn't oversimplify it just to critique it. http://faculty.plts.edu/gpence/html/fowler.htm. I guess I shouldn't make dismissive comments about that stuff when I share a house with someone who did a thesis on Fowler.

In case any of you read that post and thought "Whoooooooa I am very glad I am not June the Spiritual Director! I wouldn't want her job!", I can reassure you that June is a very experienced spiritual director. There was nothing in that last post that hasn't been felt and said a million times before by people who have grieved and wrestled with their faith. See the book of Job for precedent. So while you and I may not know what to do with all my rage, disgust and angst, for June I suspect it will just be another day at the office.

Matt also said "You're funny in your relationship with God. It's all OK or it's a huge barmy." I don't know if that's even true, let alone whether it's unusual. I can see that that's how it might look from the outside.

Salome was my daughter, so my love for her was enormous and fierce. Consequently my grief is enormous and fierce. That's just how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment