Monday, June 14, 2010

Tuesday 15th June: Black Ice

Happy birthday Mum! I hope you have had a good day so far.


Finally I have a good reason to go to the gym: my friend Kathy has dared me to towel-flick a Newcastle Knight. How is this to be accomplished without causing a ruckus or being evicted from the club? Can I use my unfit older woman persona to sneak under their radar, and get within range as they plod past on the way to the spin room? Should I pick on an injured one who can't flee? Suggestions welcome and I'll keep you posted.


I continue to go to the gym every 2nd day. I am happy to report that my last 2 visits have been a mood-neutral experience (my mood has been no lower when I left than when i walked in). I've also realised that walking on a treadmill machine on 'rolling hills' setting is better for my knees than walking on an actual rolling hill, because on a treadmill you never walk downhill.

Another win from the weekend just gone: I went to a grown-up party at night time, and stayed at the party for 2 1/2 hours without drinking too much. Mostly I had a grand time. There was an unfortunate incident in the final 45 mins when a lovely unsuspecting woman asked me how many children I have. I didn't have the composure to give a clean answer, so she copped the whole Salome story. Lucky her. Usually I say something like "That's a perfectly reasonable question but at the moment it's a bit hard to answer" or "18 weeks ago I had 3 daughters and now I have 2". Sometimes I just say "I have 2 daughters". I try to match the answer to how I feel and what the situation is. Add a few drinks to that though and I give the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, whether that's a good idea or not.

In other news, for our anniversary last week I bought Matt a copy of 'Black Ice' the AC/DC album from 2008. The first time I heard it, I felt my spine come into correct alignment and my whole body relaxed and said "Aaaaaahh". I think this is how I am suppose to feel when I do a yoga posture correctly but I have never felt like that from yoga. Listening to that album has the emotional impact on me of clicking my heels together and saying "There's no place like home, there's no place like home." It's a very good album, for those of us who like That Kind of Thing. One day I'd like to be as good at my job as Malcolm and Angus Young are at theirs.


Here's a funny woman:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP_H6h-pUrM&feature=related

"As soon as your father's dead I am lighting a damn cigarette. I'm not saying I don't love 'im, but I am looking forward to that cigarette, I can say that for sure." Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment