Sunday, February 14, 2010

3 days after the funeral




I made a bad decision yesterday. I am not thinking well at present, and I decided on the spur of the moment to sign up for facebook. I have been avoiding facebook for about 5 years, but for some reason yesterday i thought it was a good idea. Now after pressing a few wrong buttons and initiating contact with people from ages past, my details are being flicked around the globe by a system I don't understand, and people I haven't had contact with for almost 10 years are suddenly emailing me with 'Hi how are you?" And what can I say back? "I have been pretty good but then my daughter died and now I'm shithouse".

Matt made a bad decision last week. Our solar hot water system died, so a few days after Salome died he ordered a new one. He bought us THE BIGGEST SYSTEM IN THE WORLD. It is being installed on our roof right now and it is big enough for a youth hostel. Massive and of course the most expensive. Matt says it is not a bad decision, just an extravegant one. Right. Because we've just spent $4500 on a funeral, so we have the money. Matt is reading over my shoulder and says what i am writing in a crock. Probably. But then to me at the moment the whole world is a crock so What Ever.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    Thinking of you all

    Love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Facebook is not the right thing for you right now. Good decision to move to a blog instead - see, you made a good decision.

    Perhaps come winter you will be loving all that hot water?

    Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete