Sunday, April 18, 2010

Monday 20th April: A flimclip about me and Salome

Over this weekend I have had an imaginary filmclip playing in my head. I've had the song 'You Know Me' by Robbie Williams going around and around in there, and some drama-queen part of my brain has made up a filmclip about me and Salome to go with it. It sounds grandiose, but these images are helping me cry, and crying is helping me feel better.

In this, Salome is pictured as a fat very smiley cherub with wings, presented in some way to suggest she is different to me but real (animated perhaps? pixar-ish? Something with warmth, that isn't comic?). In the filmclip, Matt and I can't see Salome at all.

First shot: Salome being held in someone's arms. Pan back to show she is in the arms of my grandmother, who looks different-to-me-but-real in the same way as Salome. Salome smiles, wriggles out of her arms, kisses my grandmother on the face, then flies away. Flies towards sun where she adjusts some of the rays, and then fluffs up the clouds in front of it. Flies down through a 1950s heaven of clouds, down towards the earth, makes a beeline for our house. Salome swoops into our bedroom, where it is dawn, and I am sitting on our bed looking exhausted staring out the open window towards morning sun. Salome darts around me in circles smiling. Clock shows 6.55 am, and Salome puts her face in my face and holds my cheeks gently. She smiles and presses her nose on my nose hongi style and stays there for about 10 secs, camera pivots around us. Then Salome moves my face around to look at the sun, and I wipe the tears off my face

Next shot: me getting breakfast for X and K, who are bickering. Salome darts around the room, helps K throw cereal at X and laughs. Matt walks through room getting ready for work, and Salome chases after him, cuddling him around the back of his neck.

Next shot: me getting dressed in my room, trying to find something that fits. Salome is at my feet putting her chubby feet in on my shoes and wobbling when she stands up.

Next shot: me and K walking X to school, shot from front on. Me looking exhausted and stooping. We walk past camera, to show Salome asleep on my back in a papoose.

Next shot with chorus: me talking briefly to K as she watches playschool, camera follows me walking through our house in usual disarray. I walk to study, sit on bed and get out the gold-painted plaster castings of her foot and hand. Salome sits besides me on the bed. I rub her golden foot, and start to sob. She puts her arm around my neck and puts her check on my mine and stares at the golden foot with me.

Next shot: Salome and I in waiting room with Salome darting around overhead. Counsellor Jane comes to bring us in to her consult room, Salome darts over to Jane and then flies ahead of me into room. Me sitting on couch crying and talking, Jane listening, Salome sitting on Jane's table drawing with some coloured pencils.

Next shot: Me and K at Coles, with K in shopping trolley, with Salome flying around us. We pass anther mum with a young baby. I pull our trolley up short and turn my face away, Salome is buzzing around in the face of the other baby playing games with him and he laughs.

Next shot: I am cooking dinner, with Salome flying around mucking up the spice rack. Matt come home from work and looks as exhausted as me. I move towards him and put my arms around him. Salome is ecstatic to see him, flies to him and is trying to make him laugh by tickling him.

Next shot: We are having dinner, with Salome sitting in a dining chair listening to us talk. Salome hears someone calling her and leaves our dinner table. She flies up back through clouds to my 4 grandparents, who cuddle her and fuss over her and get her dinner. Salome is smearing her food everywhere and my grandparents are laughing.

Next shot: Me giving X and K a bath.

Next shot: back in heaven my grandparents bathing Salome and laughing with her.

Next shot: Night time, me walking away from girls' bedroom, where they are asleep. I get in car and Salome hurtles down from the sky fast and swoops into the front passenger seat as I start the engine.

Next shot: me sitting in a bland room in a circle of about 10 adults, a few blokes, mostly women. Woman sitting next to me is crying and talking and the rest of us are listening, the man sitting on the other side of her takes her hand as she speaks. Pan back to show in the space above our heads Salome and 5 other cherubs are playing chasies and laughing.

Next shot: Me back at home in pjs falling asleep watching TV. Salome looking sleepy, sitting on the arm of the lounge. She stretches her arms and accidentally rolls off lounge. Matt walks over to me and gently gets me up. Camera follow us moving towards bedroom, talking as I get into bed. Salome gets into bed next to me and settles herself on Matt's pillow, yawning.

Next shot: Me finally asleep, Salome besides me patting my hair. She tickles my nose to check I am asleep. When I don't stir she kisses my check, cuddles me around the neck, and then swoops up into the air and back up through the clouds.

Last shot: Salome flies up into the arms of my grandmother, who cuddles her, wraps her, puts her in a cot, and then sits in a rocking chair besides her cot next to my grandfather who is watching a cowboy movie on TV. They are smiling.

OK, got the visual images? Now listen to the song and put the visuals with it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GT4YVxVrw

You can see the real clip of this song here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyg3RtALnwg

It's an Alice in Wonderland rabbit theme. Nicely shot, pleasantly vacuous.

No comments:

Post a Comment