Monday, April 5, 2010

Wednesday 7th April: Sunset picture



This sunset photo was taken by Salome's Perth-based uncle. I love it.
We survived Easter, and some of it was even enjoyable. In the end, some generous people who we've never met gave us access to their home in the town where Salome is buried, so we spent Sunday night down there with some very good friends. It was a relief to me to not have to manage logistics to visit Salome's grave. In the 20 hours we were there, I made 4 or 5 visits, some as short as 5 mins. That's as close as I'm getting to spending a holiday with all my daughters together. A highlight for me was being at Salome's grave at 6.55 am on Easter Monday. It was beautifully noisy there at the cemetery, with bird noise and the loud sound of the waves, and also people walking past on their way to the beach. I think of Salome at 6.55 am every day, and now I know what's going on at her place when I do and it's a calming image for me.
This morning at Coles I made it down the baby isle without tears or flinching. That's a sign of hope and of recovery.
X came to watch K's swimming lessons today. K enjoyed showing off, and we enjoyed cheering her on.

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful picture, Sophia.

    Small steps forward are great. Don't be too hard on yourself though if down the track you seem to go backwards again. It's all part of the process (brought to you by cliche #527).

    ReplyDelete