Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wedn 28th April: International Babylost Mothers Day

It is only a few more days until International Babylost Mothers Day (IBMD), which is Sunday 2nd May.

http://internationalbabylostmothersday.blogspot.com/2010/01/about-ibmd.html

IBMD was started by Carley, who runs the 'To Write Their Names in the Sand' site. As I understand it, the day is intended particularly for women who have lost their only child, to recognise them as continuing to be mothers. However, it seems the meaning of the day has evolved and extended, and now it is also a day for women like me to remember myself as Salome's mother, and to brace myself for the painful hallmark tomfoolery ahead the following Sunday on Mothers' Day.

On Sunday 2nd May I will be watching the dawn at a nearby beach with a friend who lost a baby a little while back. Hopefully we will have the beach mostly to ourselves and we can write our babies' names in the sand as much as we want. We might even get some good photos out of it.

2 comments:

  1. really good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend shubodh, kolkatta,i have read atleast nine posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your site gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, babies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the post on Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete